Social life of Students
Many of our former students are well established in their social life. They are engaged in different occupations such as teaching, research activity, service sector, bank service, industry, Business, Social Service etc. They have established an Alumni Association.
STUDENTS FRIENDLY CELLS
5 cells have been created for the benefit of the students. The cells are as follows:
A. Grievance Redresser Cell
- In respect of college administration, Library, academics together with any grievance against mis-behaviour of any teaching and non-teaching staff of the college in case of any indiscrimination, a student have right to complain individually to the ‘Grievance Redresser Cell’ of the college. For this a box is provided in the campus, where a student is to drop a complain letter, stating his/her name, stream Roll number. If required, his/her name will be kept secret.
B. Career Counseling Cell
- Proper selection/ choice of career is the most important and vital part of the life of a student which has got to be considered very carefully in objective basis. For selecting a career in academics and also for getting adequate information regarding post-education employment, a career counseling cell has been set up with various types of career guides, Employment news and computer and internet facilities.
C. Personal Counseling Cell
- There may be mental and family related problems which affect a student very much to carry on his/her studies and which also sometimes hamper his / her normal life. For this a Cell has been set up where he/she can speak out his/her problems and seek suggestions solving the matter. It is guaranteed that the problem will be kept in total secret.
D. Minorities/ Backward Development Cell
- The college authority has taken care for the allout development of minorities and backward students of the college. The college has always extended the scope and benefit of scholarship available from Govt. W.B, Central Govt. and allied Minorities Corporation. The students are requested to contact with the cell regarding any scholarship or financial benefit.
- College authority has maintained continuous upliftment of Minorities, SC,ST,OBC section of students and Non-Teaching Staffs of the Colleges by providing necessary information regarding scholarships, other type of financial benefit from the Govt. WB, Central Govt. and financial cell of the Minorities and backward communities.
E. Student Discipline Cell
- College authority strictly maintain the academic discipline of the college. The Members of the cell always keep strict vigilance regarding Ragging, Mis-behaviour with the classmates, teachers and non teaching staff members of the college. In severe cases the cell can issue the Transfer Certificate to the concerned student.
- Catering Service
- The college runs canteen for the benefit of the students as well as teaching and non-teaching staff
- members of the college. Common foods at reasonable rate are available in the canteen.
- Girl's students of different UG and PG courses of this college are provided hostel facility till completion of their studies. Boys students are kept in rented houses provided by the IGE. Hostel Charges are borne by the girls and boys students.
- Faculty members are also available to students for consultation and advice on academic problems. This offer remains open for Part-I, II & III examinees after the test examination is over.
- The college has plan for construction of Boys & Girls Multigym facilities. It will give support to the boys & girls for their health care.
Remedial Coaching :
- College provides special coaching to the weak students in a structured routine.
- Co-curricular activities are an integral part of the college life. They make for academic excellence, help to create a sense of social & moral responsibility and also provide opportunities for all – round development and physical relaxation.
College Social Function :
- College Social functions are organized by the Students`.Its highlights being the Freshers' Welcome, Science Day etc.
- The college authority encourages the students to express their writing skill through Annual College Magazine, Wall Magazine and through other writing competitions.
Sports & Games
- Annual Sports Meet and inter-class tournaments are organized by the Students.
- A very popular annual event is the cultural event organized by the students'.
Health Awareness Programme
- The college has set up a Health Sub-committee comprising faculty members and Students representatives, The committee has been organizing health awareness programmes at regular intervals.
- Annual Magazine of the college is published every year. A subcommittee of Student, Teacher & Non-teaching Staff and headed by a Faculty Member has been set up to look after the quality of the write-ups and printing aspects. Writings in Bengali and English are accommodated to represent the multilingual character of the college.